EEO and Affirmative Action Policies
IMCO Values Diversity and Does Not Tolerate Discrimination
The purpose of our EEO policy is to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or genetic information. Violations of the EEO policy will not be tolerated.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
IMCO General Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. IMCO prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. IMCO conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, IMCO will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between IMCO and its employees, including:
- Working conditions
- Wages and salary administration
- Employee benefits and application of policies
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with IMCO.
The officers of IMCO will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
IMCO administers our EEO policy fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement “An Equal Opportunity Employer.”
- Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
Violations of this policy, regardless of whether an actual law has been violated, will not be tolerated. IMCO General Construction will promptly, thoroughly and fairly investigate every issue that is brought to its attention in this area and will take disciplinary action, when appropriate, up to and including termination of employment.
Any and all complaints regarding alleged violations of this policy will be investigated promptly. Please direct any inquiries, complaints or grievances to the following:
Leah Hanson, EEO Officer, 2116 Buchanan Loop, Ferndale, WA 98248
Office - 360-671-3936
Direct Line - 360-603-5109
IMCO General Construction values diversity and does not tolerate discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and follow all laws which prohibit discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable local, state, and federal law. It is the policy of IMCO to ensure that all employment decisions are based on valid job performance. Our Affirmative Action Policy is posted in IMCO offices and on all job sites, and the policy is also available by contacting the HR department.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
It is the Policy of IMCO General Construction (“IMCO” or the “Company”) when recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, and terminating employees to comply with those laws which prohibit discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, and federal law. In addition, IMCO has a policy of affirmative action in regard to employing, advancing in employment and otherwise treating qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans without discrimination based on their physical or mental disabilities or protected veteran status in all Company employment practices. It is the policy of IMCO to ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements. As President, I reaffirm that the above Policy, in conjunction with the Affirmative Action Program, reflects IMCO’s attitude and its intention to:
1. Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, and federal law.
2. Base decisions on employment to further the principles of equal employment opportunity.
3. Ensure that promotion decisions are in accord with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
4. Ensure that all other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, Company-sponsored training, education tuition assistance, social and recreational programs, will be administered without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, and federal law.
5. Provide, pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, equal employment opportunities as set forth above to qualified individuals with disabilities.
6. Provide, pursuant to the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, equal opportunities as set forth above, to those who are qualified protected veterans.
IMCO, in compliance the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, maintains written Affirmative Action Plans. The non-confidential elements of these Plans are available upon request, through Leah Hanson, Director of HR and Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, during normal business hours at (360)603-5109.
IMCO makes reasonable accommodations to the physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans, unless such an accommodation would impose an undue hardship.
IMCO will take all necessary steps to ensure that no person intimidates, threatens, coerces, or discriminates against any individual because that individual has filed a complaint, furnished information, or assisted or participated in any manner in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or other activity related to the administration of this Policy.
IMCO maintains an audit and reporting system to measure the effectiveness of its Affirmative Action Program and the implementation of this Policy.