SR-20, Fredonia to I-5 Widening, Stage 2
This project provided traffic congestion relief at the SR-20 and Interstate 5 interchange in Washington State. Improvements were made to the traffic crossings on SR-20 west of Burlington and the major highway was widened from two to four lanes for six miles. The north and southbound Interstate 5 on-ramps and off-ramps were reconstructed and realigned.
The project achieved substantial completion one year ahead of schedule and was a huge success and excellent partnership between IMCO and WSDOT.
IMCO Self-Performed Scopes of Work:
- 51,000 cubic yards of roadway excavation
- 400,000 tons of import gravel
- 78,000 tons of crushed surfacing base course
- 2 concrete girder bridges
- 18,600 lineal feet of storm sewer
- 11,650 lineal feet of water main
- 89,000 tons hot-mix asphalt paving
- 59 acres of clearing and grubbing